Friday, March 19, 2004

Torture in Venezuela
Wednesday March 18, 2004

Last night I did not have the stomach, literally, to try to translate the coroner's report on the death of Juan Carlos Zambrano. Francisco Toro did so and I invite you to go there and read today's post. As far from diner time as possible.

I must make a mea culpanow. I have not addressed as much as I should have all the cases of Human Rights Violations.

For some reason it is hard for me. Any form of violence, even verbal one is hard for me. Perhaps it is because I am so afraid to lose my own composure as I know only too well how difficult it is to recover it. Perhaps I just cannot believe what is going on, refuse to accept the Venezuela that I see today. Perhaps my fellow bloggers linked on the right side are doing such a great job on it (1, 2, 3, 4, 5). Perhaps the vile chavista counter propaganda is succeeding in shutting me up. How can one reply to the ignoble discourse of Jose Vicente Rangel yesterday? It is soiling to just listen to him. If a famed journalist like him has fallen so low, surely it is contagious.

But I am watching, I am hearing, I have heard stories and when the time is right I will write. Right now I can only do what best I can do, try to make some sense of it all. Try to explain things to myself. And everyday it is more difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments policy:

1) Comments are moderated after the sixth day of publication. It may take up to a day or two for your note to appear then.

2) Your post will appear if you follow the basic polite rules of discourse. I will be ruthless in erasing, as well as those who replied to any off rule comment.


Followers