Monday, October 27, 2008
The BOB awards
The German Deutsche Welle has its Internet awards. Although we could argue about their selection method (the Spanish section is dominated by Argentina again, 1 Chile, 1 Cuba and the rest from Spain) there is at least two things that are of interest for readers of this page. In the categories of Best Blog, Spanish blogs and RSF blogs you have Generacion Y of Yoani Sanchez, dissident Cuban who was interviewed by no one else but Alek Boyd in a trip he made to Cuba. I certainly urge you to cast your vote for her in the three categories. But there is also a surprise: there is a blog about Venezuela by regular reader Alpha! Free Opinion Venezuela. Why the only blog about Venezuela would be in dutch remains a mystery but there it is and the least you can do is to vote for him (unless you read Dutch and you can convince yourself that there are better blogs in Dutch than his). Note to Alpha: you got the nomination but if you do not write more often it is useless. So go and hit the key board at least during the voting period.
Posted by Daniel at 7:59 AM
Human Rights violations in Venezuela, from the Tascon list to political prisoners.
- Amnesty International Venezuela's page
- Human Rights Watch Venezuela's page
- COFAVIC page (in spanish)
- Tell Chavez you will not accept his having political prisoners
- A review of the video "La Lista" detailing all the abuses of the Tascon list
- Miguel's compilation
- A summary of 20 lies about the video "The Revolution will not be televised"
- The video debunking the April 11 2002 governmental lies
- "La Cadena", a video explaining how Chavez tried to hide the reality of April 11 2002 by bloc king TV news