Friday, March 13, 2009
Weil in color, to make sure you understand clearly the Chavez takeover
Tal Cual cartoonist Weil rarely uses color. But today he makes an exception to illustrate clearly what the recent decisions of Chavez mean. In short: Chavez did not like the electoral results of November 2008 so he is changing the laws to remove opposition officials competences and putting above them some guy that will be appointed by Chavez himself, the umpire form hell. I recall fondly the stupid arguments of professional PSF stating that Chavez was such a democrat because he subjected himself to so many elections. That is, until he started losing them.
Human Rights violations in Venezuela, from the Tascon list to political prisoners.
- Amnesty International Venezuela's page
- Human Rights Watch Venezuela's page
- COFAVIC page (in spanish)
- Tell Chavez you will not accept his having political prisoners
- A review of the video "La Lista" detailing all the abuses of the Tascon list
- Miguel's compilation
- A summary of 20 lies about the video "The Revolution will not be televised"
- The video debunking the April 11 2002 governmental lies
- "La Cadena", a video explaining how Chavez tried to hide the reality of April 11 2002 by bloc king TV news