Friday, August 06, 2010
Digging for Bolivar, seen from the New York Times
I still cannot bring myself to write about that offense to all of us when Chavez ordered the seizure of bolivar bones for his political needs and other assorted necrophiliac obsessions he might have. But Simon Romero does at the NYT. The poor guy tries to report as objectively as possible but one can tell how grossed out he was not only by the sceance content of the whole disgusting show but by its implications as to the quality of the people that rule over the fate of Venezuela. It is hard to be a foreign correspondent in Venezuela these days.
Posted by Daniel at 2:10 PM
Human Rights violations in Venezuela, from the Tascon list to political prisoners.
- Amnesty International Venezuela's page
- Human Rights Watch Venezuela's page
- COFAVIC page (in spanish)
- Tell Chavez you will not accept his having political prisoners
- A review of the video "La Lista" detailing all the abuses of the Tascon list
- Miguel's compilation
- A summary of 20 lies about the video "The Revolution will not be televised"
- The video debunking the April 11 2002 governmental lies
- "La Cadena", a video explaining how Chavez tried to hide the reality of April 11 2002 by bloc king TV news