- Nothing less that Luisa Estela at the venezuelan high court said that the IACHR should respect the decisions of the Venezuelan judicial system. So, tell us Luisa at the TSJ helm: when is Venezuela going to leave the IACHR (and OAS, and BID, and who knows what else)? I mean, obviously if you are not going to consider the verdict what the hell are we doing there? And why did we send people to defend the state, by the way?
- Clodosvaldo Ruffian, I mean, Russian, sorry, hurried up today that they were going to win and that no matter what it was not in his hands, it was in those of the TSJ (see above) to decide. Talk about throwing the stone at Lopez and hiding the hand when the IACHR is looking at you!
- Last but not least for the time being, the head team for Chavez at San Jose, German Saltron said they won and that anyway Venezuela had no obligation to abide by the IACHR court. and of course, all are biased against poor little Venezuela.....
Wednesday, March 02, 2011
Venezuela on trial in San Jose: guess what the verdict will be?
Today was the second and last day of the hearings on the "inhabilitaciones" in Venezuela. The case heard at the Inter American Court for Human Rights in San Jose, Costa Rica, pits down the Venezuelan regime against the Inter American Comission, representing in a way the hundred of people who have been barred from some of their civil rights through a mere administrative fiat, without even a trial, fair or not. I will say no more about that since I covered it, limiting myself to indicate a few early reactions from the regime which clearly indicate what they think the verdict will be.
Thus based on the hearing results this past two days, it is quite clear what the verdict is likely to be, will you agree?
Human Rights violations in Venezuela, from the Tascon list to political prisoners.
- Amnesty International Venezuela's page
- Human Rights Watch Venezuela's page
- COFAVIC page (in spanish)
- Tell Chavez you will not accept his having political prisoners
- A review of the video "La Lista" detailing all the abuses of the Tascon list
- Miguel's compilation
- A summary of 20 lies about the video "The Revolution will not be televised"
- The video debunking the April 11 2002 governmental lies
- "La Cadena", a video explaining how Chavez tried to hide the reality of April 11 2002 by bloc king TV news