Tuesday, September 11, 2012
Election funnies: for 200k you can buy your own political party
I have good news, that tradition has been revived this week. David de Lima, failed ex chavista governor of Anzoategui, the man responsible to some of the worse sucking up to Chavez we ever witnessed, ex opposition member when he was trying to pass his corruption investigation as a political prosecution, back now with chavismo, has announced that political allies of Capriles are deserting him.
True, but they are insignificant. One is the PIEDRA of Benjamin Rausseo, comedian candidate of 2006, who was smarter than some blogger who supported him and should remain nameless, by abandoning his own party. The leader of Piedra complained to justify his switch that Capriles guys never paid attention to him, never consulted. Poor Piedra, who I think did not even get 0.1% of votes cast at the February primary.
The other even less significant guys justification for leaving? It does not matter really because today we learned that de Lima is receiving in his hotel room and offering 200,000 dollars and up to whomever announces publicly his defection from Capriles. Drop me a note David, let's talk.....
Of course Chavez today in his unique brand of Meet the Press where this one is met with an endless flow of nonsense, each question requiring an hour to be replied, took no credit for these desertions. For him it is a mark of the sorry state of Capriles campaign.
Posted by Daniel at 11:19 PM
Human Rights violations in Venezuela, from the Tascon list to political prisoners.
- Amnesty International Venezuela's page
- Human Rights Watch Venezuela's page
- COFAVIC page (in spanish)
- Tell Chavez you will not accept his having political prisoners
- A review of the video "La Lista" detailing all the abuses of the Tascon list
- Miguel's compilation
- A summary of 20 lies about the video "The Revolution will not be televised"
- The video debunking the April 11 2002 governmental lies
- "La Cadena", a video explaining how Chavez tried to hide the reality of April 11 2002 by bloc king TV news