Wednesday, January 23, 2013
The S.O. was at the 23 enero rally
January 23, 23 de enero, is a symbolic date in Venezuelan history. It marks the end of our last to this one. It is of course fitting that a neo fascist movement as chavismo is tries in every possible way to first erase that celebration, and then co-opt it. Today the cooptation was under a rally march to support Chavez, assorted with quite a few undemocratic insults toward the opposition, which goes to tell that chavismo has no clue as to what 23 de enero means.
Still, the S.O. was forced to go and he sent me some pictures which show that 1) the regime did manage to send enough public employees for a decent show, and 2) that the march was indeed a forced one without any significant ambiance whatsoever. No comments needed except for one picture that carries something that looks like a piñata of the National Assembly building. Cabello supporters? Those were the three most "active" pictures. Chavismo is in mourning....
Posted by Daniel at 11:10 PM
Human Rights violations in Venezuela, from the Tascon list to political prisoners.
- Amnesty International Venezuela's page
- Human Rights Watch Venezuela's page
- COFAVIC page (in spanish)
- Tell Chavez you will not accept his having political prisoners
- A review of the video "La Lista" detailing all the abuses of the Tascon list
- Miguel's compilation
- A summary of 20 lies about the video "The Revolution will not be televised"
- The video debunking the April 11 2002 governmental lies
- "La Cadena", a video explaining how Chavez tried to hide the reality of April 11 2002 by bloc king TV news