Monday, December 01, 2003

Bonus post before sleep

Sunday 30, wee hours

Voting inside Venezuela went well, Reports from Anzoategui State, for example, state that some polling centers will not open tomorrow, they have no more forms and there is no center close by with forms. That is, Anzoategui has fulfilled its quota and people just want to go to work tomorrow. Ah! "normalcy"!

Amazingly I have not been able to get a final report for Yaracuy! People I called are not home!

I am putting in my section "documents on Venezuela" a lengthy rapport from "red de Veedores" which is a volunteer organization that has been monitoring voting in Venezuela for several years. Unfortunately it is in Spanish, but for those of you that are willing to make the effort you will see, for example, a detailed list of the suspicious "slowing down" activities that the army is doing at Chavez bidding. The Army is really going to need a serious revamping, if you ask me.

I also received a list of all the places that will not be able to re-open in Caracas and all the places still with forms that are the closest. 25 sites in downtown Caracas will not re-open tomorrow!!!!!! The allegedly more chavista area of Caracas! So what I reported earlier from Avenida El Panteon was not a fluke! In Miranda state over 50 sites will not re-open! No wonder that the chavista majority at the Electoral Board did not want the sign up forms to be shifted from one site to the other. They can read polls it seems, better than chavistas who claim that "real" polls favor them. "reality" is a strange concept for chavistas.

OK, see you tomorrow for my last day of reporting on the petition drive to boot Chavez out. I promise to have more frequent posts, and I probably will as the political fall out will really start in earnest tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments policy:

1) Comments are moderated after the sixth day of publication. It may take up to a day or two for your note to appear then.

2) Your post will appear if you follow the basic polite rules of discourse. I will be ruthless in erasing, as well as those who replied to any off rule comment.


Followers