Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Chavez in some Brazilian press.

I read the Folhia de Sao Paulo in the plane from Salvador this morning. Well, they did have a huge picture of the Chavez rally yesterday.

For those of us that now the surrounding the rally was good but it only showed half of Avenida Bolivar. I do not know how was the other end. And certainly the hundred of buses were not displayed by the Folha. On my way to Salvador I had read already a rather favorable article on Chavez. Today the article was even more favorable. Not outright of course, but clearly the Brazilian journal indicated that Chavez was winning and that the opposition was in disarray (which might be true since I have been a week away, but certainly not according to the info I am getting: it is still quite in the battle!). In particular the Folha insisted that numbers given by the Fireman headquarters were given by an opposition leader while the AFP gave a higher figure, indirectly implying that the outrageous number advanced by the campaign of Chavez director, Moncada, must be closer to the truth.

The Folha did not bother to check the capacity of Bolivar avenue where apparently chavismo manages to set 15 people by square meter....

At any rate, once I caught my breath I asked my neighbor in the plane as to what was the Folha leaning. Guess what? She said center-left... ´nuf said!

PS: Miguel has a good comment on the subject. But he is from the opposition so Folha would not approve I guess.....



Only 6 days
until the Recall Election
on Hugo Chavez.

Do I want him out?
SI!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments policy:

1) Comments are moderated after the sixth day of publication. It may take up to a day or two for your note to appear then.

2) Your post will appear if you follow the basic polite rules of discourse. I will be ruthless in erasing, as well as those who replied to any off rule comment.


Followers