Tuesday, August 17, 2004

For those who winced at my predictions for the next year in Venezuela

As I was writing the preceeding post, where I paint a fictional vision of Venezuela events for the next 365 days, real time events were already justifying what I was writing. Actually, had I known what was going on in Altamira at the time I would have written an even worse scenario.

Chavistas shooters were firing point blank towards unarmed protesters in Altamira. If you have any doubt look at the picture that comes with the article.
1- one guy is decked in chavista drag
2- the three of them are shooting standing up, aiming, visibly knowing that no one was going to shoot back. Perfect cowardice.

There is only one conclusion: they were ordered by someone to shot at the opposition small rally (a video shows one of them talking through a radio).

Now my question to Chavez supporters from overseas: what will it take for you to start at least condemning such actions and demand from your idol that he craks down on such people? If he won the Recall Election fair and square why such violence?

Somehow I suspect that as usual you will dodge the issue again. Some democrats...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments policy:

1) Comments are moderated after the sixth day of publication. It may take up to a day or two for your note to appear then.

2) Your post will appear if you follow the basic polite rules of discourse. I will be ruthless in erasing, as well as those who replied to any off rule comment.


Followers