So Weil, his usual brilliant self, has found a way to reverse, in a way, that awful Chavez catch phrase. Since he is the one that force fed us the new flag, well, the little Venezuelan in the arms of Chavez is puking out that 8 star flag. I am not sure if the deft touch of Weil is really apparent for the reader not used to him, but to me, well, it is brilliant, Chavez induced aneroxia and bulimia included.
Wednesday, March 15, 2006
A flag "por el buche"
metiendole 10 millones por el buche". The literal translation would be "forcing down the [opposition] throat 10 millon [votes ]". “buche” can be translated by “crop” or “maw”, as in a bird throat. The offensive vulgarity in Venezuelan Spanish defies translation.
Posted by Daniel at 7:26 AM
Human Rights violations in Venezuela, from the Tascon list to political prisoners.
- Amnesty International Venezuela's page
- Human Rights Watch Venezuela's page
- COFAVIC page (in spanish)
- Tell Chavez you will not accept his having political prisoners
- A review of the video "La Lista" detailing all the abuses of the Tascon list
- Miguel's compilation
- A summary of 20 lies about the video "The Revolution will not be televised"
- The video debunking the April 11 2002 governmental lies
- "La Cadena", a video explaining how Chavez tried to hide the reality of April 11 2002 by bloc king TV news