Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Castro good news

Apparently he is not dead, or so the official press of Cuba will have us believe. Tonight a message from Fidel himself. The message starts with the most startling sentence (as heard on TV):
I cannot invent good news, it would not be ethical
I'll be darned! For the first time ever Castro is worried about the ethics of making up good news in a country plastered with good news placards that people read while they stand in line for a slice of bread.

I take this opportunity to clarify something. I do not wish Castro dead. I wish for him, even at his advanced age, to be thrown in one of the gaols where so many Cubans who opposed him spent the best years of their lives. Until he dies there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments policy:

1) Comments are moderated after the sixth day of publication. It may take up to a day or two for your note to appear then.

2) Your post will appear if you follow the basic polite rules of discourse. I will be ruthless in erasing, as well as those who replied to any off rule comment.


Followers