Tuesday, July 20, 2010
Working hazards in Venezuela, besides chavista government agencies
I had given the order to try to avoid killing snakes whenever possible besides the mapanares easily recognizable by the local and more dangerous in fact than a coral who would have great difficulty in biting you due to its small size. The mapanare can get you through your pants if necessary and can be as big as 6 feet whereas the coral would need to bite you on your ear lobe or the skin flap between your fingers, your nostril or something thin like that.
Still, the idea that coral snake could be crawling next to my desk.... Though I should not be surprised: two weeks ago at home I had to push outside with my broom a small tarantula. It was small maybe but already big enough to make a mess if I had tried to squish it roach like. Not to mention that by the time my sandal had landed on its spot she could have jumped away and land on my feet, for example... Rats are less of a problem: my terrier has taken good care of three of them this year.
Human Rights violations in Venezuela, from the Tascon list to political prisoners.
- Amnesty International Venezuela's page
- Human Rights Watch Venezuela's page
- COFAVIC page (in spanish)
- Tell Chavez you will not accept his having political prisoners
- A review of the video "La Lista" detailing all the abuses of the Tascon list
- Miguel's compilation
- A summary of 20 lies about the video "The Revolution will not be televised"
- The video debunking the April 11 2002 governmental lies
- "La Cadena", a video explaining how Chavez tried to hide the reality of April 11 2002 by bloc king TV news