Wednesday, December 05, 2007
Delays at the CNE
Since it has come up in comments, I still cannot make my electoral analysis because the CNE at this late time has yet to emit its second bulletin!!!! That is, at midnight on Wednesday we are still stuck at what was published at 1 AM Monday morning. I am not going to discuss how inexcusable this is. I just want to note that a careful study of abstention and comparison with previous elections by region is essential this time and I cannot do it until I get the final result. NOTE: I really do not care about the sterile debate on whether we got 50.7% or 54.7%. What I can tell is that by the time the embassy vote rolls in we will cross for sure the 51% barrier. And the 12% remaining to count might be a lot of "actas manuales" which tend to favor Chavez. Thus we should not expect any improvement from these counts. Get used to it, we will not go above a 51.5% total no matter what Ledezma or SUMATE claim. It does not matter anyway.
Posted by Daniel at 11:25 PM
Human Rights violations in Venezuela, from the Tascon list to political prisoners.
- Amnesty International Venezuela's page
- Human Rights Watch Venezuela's page
- COFAVIC page (in spanish)
- Tell Chavez you will not accept his having political prisoners
- A review of the video "La Lista" detailing all the abuses of the Tascon list
- Miguel's compilation
- A summary of 20 lies about the video "The Revolution will not be televised"
- The video debunking the April 11 2002 governmental lies
- "La Cadena", a video explaining how Chavez tried to hide the reality of April 11 2002 by bloc king TV news