Monday, April 28, 2008
Paraguay, Chavez new client state?
I was meaning to write on the election of Lugo in Paraguay but I postponed it in part because truly I do not know much about the current state of the country (I know its history better but the post Stroessner period, well, I have not followed closely). Fortunately procrastination has a way to pay off and Gustavo Coronel has written all that you need to know. Maybe some might be turned off by the conservative site where he publishes but take my word for it, his article could be published anywhere, in any serious publication (and note that he is not afraid to criticize ALL US administrations role in South America, including the current one). Enjoy, and start counting the additional money that will be missing from Venezuelan coffers.
Posted by Daniel at 1:39 PM
Human Rights violations in Venezuela, from the Tascon list to political prisoners.
- Amnesty International Venezuela's page
- Human Rights Watch Venezuela's page
- COFAVIC page (in spanish)
- Tell Chavez you will not accept his having political prisoners
- A review of the video "La Lista" detailing all the abuses of the Tascon list
- Miguel's compilation
- A summary of 20 lies about the video "The Revolution will not be televised"
- The video debunking the April 11 2002 governmental lies
- "La Cadena", a video explaining how Chavez tried to hide the reality of April 11 2002 by bloc king TV news