Tuesday, March 02, 2004

An afternoon in the streets

As I was about to post some pictures earlier on I heard that one of the streets near where I live was being attacked. So I left again. The attack was on Caurimare. I did not get to see the attack but I did hang out in the diverse barricade points and got close enough to hear gunshots and run away with a crowd as "motorizados" were shooting nearby. Then three trucks of the Metropolitan Firemen came for an operation rescue as the hospital at the entry had received a tear gas bomb INSIDE the hospital.

There was of course no point in pursuing as the National Guard had retreated to the highway.

More details later, in an hour or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments policy:

1) Comments are moderated after the sixth day of publication. It may take up to a day or two for your note to appear then.

2) Your post will appear if you follow the basic polite rules of discourse. I will be ruthless in erasing, as well as those who replied to any off rule comment.


Followers