Sunday, August 15, 2004

Third update

This one will be brief. I am going to take a short nap. Why? The CNE has announced that voting goes on until 8 PM, and centers with lines will keep working until all have voted. In other words, no official results until at least 10 PM!!!! It is going to be a long night and I might as well recoup some.

Lines keep going on everywhere. Confusion reigns. The CNE is showing signs of losing its temple, well, the pro Chavez folks at any rate. The communications minister, Jesse Chacon, has came on TV to say that he never lied and that all that he announced is happening. Yeah, right, he never lied....

I have left my camera in Caracas so I will not post any pics of the day. But Ricardo has some on Valencia. I hope that Miguel is done soon so he can take a few pics and post them too. The lines are just unbelievable, and the will of the people even more incredible!

But as I am napping if something happens I have people that will call me to post news!

PS: if after 4 hours I feel like s**t I cannot imagine how are people that have been in line for 8 hours already!!!! Let's keep them in our thoughts! By the way, the line in front of my window has never stopped. And I remind you what I wrote early on today: I have never seen that school with a line of more than a dozen people!!!!!!!! And briefly at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments policy:

1) Comments are moderated after the sixth day of publication. It may take up to a day or two for your note to appear then.

2) Your post will appear if you follow the basic polite rules of discourse. I will be ruthless in erasing, as well as those who replied to any off rule comment.


Followers