Sunday, November 08, 2009

Needed reality check?



I found this image today and I thought it would be intellectual enough for a lazy Saturday. Not to mention that it did not include blogging, so I can breathe, for now, hearing the warning shots over twitter that could well hit blogging any time soon. By the way, did any one follow Roland Hedley of Doonesbury this week?

I have not been very good at Twitter. I tried. After Iran I thought it would be good to have an account (@danielduquenal). But I failed. I cannot for the life of me come up even weekly with a thought that I think might be worthy of imposition on the people who have decided for some reason to follow me. Heck, I have even stopped paying attention to the not even half a dozen people I tried to follow, if anything for blogging business reason, like following Miguel. I suppose that those who follow me must be happy that I am a rare occurrence (?).

Blog reading people come to read if they want, what they want, when they want. There is a certain willing self imposition that comes with Twitter that, well, does not fit me at all. I mean, it is good to have the account, in today Venezuela one never knows when it will come in handy (assuming the goons that come to arrest me allow me to keep my blackberry, a doubtful premise). Or maybe to tweet while I am standing on line at some election day.

The fact of the matter is that if you look at the lower right side of this page you will find an MBTI profile that will tell you all. As an INTP I am interested in new technologies, I tried them, such as I did for facebook or twitter. But soon enough my Introversion takes over. Soon I stop twitting and soon enough I start hiding more and more people on my personal facebook page. The facebook blog page I set long ago, well, I have not checked it out in months... I am even thinking about closing it since I cannot figure out in which way it can complement the blog. I am sure not going to discuss on facebook whether I shower with three or four totumas..... as Chavez would have us do.

PS: I found this drawing in a blog that did not gave any credit. Hence no credit. Just in case.

-The end-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments policy:

1) Comments are moderated after the sixth day of publication. It may take up to a day or two for your note to appear then.

2) Your post will appear if you follow the basic polite rules of discourse. I will be ruthless in erasing, as well as those who replied to any off rule comment.


Followers