|Click to enlarge and enjoy the full effect|
- RNV assumes proudly its association with the government of the country (top left). There goes any pretense at objective journalism
- Not to mention that they claim to use truth as a shield
- Then Leopoldo is called a corrupt supported by the Empire. Beyond the cliche it is noteworthy to remind readers that there is no trial against Lopez for pocketing personally any money (although finally the republic prosecutor has claimed this week that there was an investigation going on even though the Lopez people never heard of it)
- On the right column you may read some of the other titles of the day such an offering of a video on the birth of the media latufundia, whatever that may mean (Murdoch, here we come); something about the "ultra right" in Mexico, whatever that may mean also; and journalists supporting that other journalists lose their jobs (Globovision), so much for the solidarity
- The body of the article, if one can call that an article, has all sorts of cliches and reminiscences of things past, while oblivious whether these "accusations" could not apply to Chavez himself. In short Leopoldo is an ultra right politician (apparently in Venezuela there is only Chavez and the ultra right, whatever that means again); he is protected by international organizations (which one day chavista may want to protection from once they are on the run); he is not a democrat because he was involved in the 2002 coup (chavistas having decided once and for all that 1992 was not a coup, just a popular movement led exclusively and secretly by a faction of the army); and of course Leopoldo is a manipulator (because Chavez is not one, and certainly not today at La Grita praying and thanking the Christ for his recovery). PS: the picture is of Leopoldo fleeing tear gas of the regime in 2002, not charging the cops.
- For good effect notice the last paragraph in bold characters as if RNV were not any better than a blog (even Aporrea is moderate in its use of bold letters).
My point in this analysis is in view of the recent real threats in closing Globovision through bankruptcy. The regime wants to close Globovision and any independent media because they want you to read and listen exclusively to a garbage that makes the Cuban one look better becasue they have learned to write the stuff with a vague patina of credibility.
Think that about 20% of Venezuelans today get on the radio ONLY state media and probably 50% do not get on the radio anything that may be significantly critical of the regime, only chavista rantings or music. That is the kind of crap they get everyday, uninformative, vengeful, calumniating, and all at tax payer expense.
And also think if RNV is like that at one year of the general election, what can we expect in a few months .....