I shall be brief: there are scarce explanations for Rodriguez Torres actions these past weeks.
The latest "boutade" of the Interior and Justice minister (security and police) is that behind all the troubles in Venezuela in the past couple of months there is a gigantic international conspiracy. Lists of conspirators are being offered which, well, include anyone that does not like Maduro or the regime, or both, or R.T. or who knows what itches his rear end this day.
1) He truly believes that the chavista lumpen buys bait sink and hook anything he says.
2) He has no understanding whatsoever of what democracy and debate and conspiracy mean, truly. In other words, he is poorly educated.
3) He is desperate, out of ideas on how to control the country, the more so that chavismo is starting to settle inner scores through murders and what not as the recent Otaiza murder reveals. Scary stuff, the Otaiza thing, by the way.
4) He suffers of mythomania.
5) Or a combination of all of the above, he is a chavista after all.
Of course, I wonder if I need to remind the reader that Rodriguez Torres has no credibility whatsoever, that he is basically a criminal that pretends to be a dandy now. If you want more details read Diego Arria in Spanish doing a number on Rodriguez Torres. In other word, we can add perhaps a 6) item, that he is simply acting as a thug would do trying to keep control on his turf where he can practice his delinquent activities as he pleases. But I do not know how criminals think so I stick with the other 5 above which are in the realm of normal human emotions, not the chavista realm.