Tuesday, March 02, 2004

Noon update
and an errata

I made it to work. Stores and banks are closed along the way. Only the grocery stores with limited personnel and huge lines of people buying food. Not too much since most folks have been stashing up for a while, they are just making sure that their reserves are maintained. A few shelves are depleted though.

Otherwise barricades are still up in my area and I could not go back to Yaracuy if I wanted too unless at least one of the barricade guys let me cross them. Meanwhile I did talk to my Yaracuy people. The Governor has been active as local chavismo is besieging him. According to a radio report more than 20 people have been arrested, one of them with a fractured crane. Since the injured protestor is considered as a political prisoner the Guard refuses to let him go to Barquisimeto for the special care he requires. All of this is only a radio report that is unconfirmed, but the troubles and local barricades are confirmed. My provincial Yaracuy going up in flames like Caracas!!!!

The main highway between Puerto Cabello and Barquisimeto is again the site of pitched battle in Yaritagua.

That is all the direct news I have now.

I want to finish with an errata. This blog never removes old posts, or corrects them unless some grammatical error catches my eyes or a reader's eye. My mistakes are for all to see.

I misread this morning the Forero article that I refuted. All still stands except for the part about Ramos which I qualified as a big mistake. Indeed the Ramos he was talking about is the one from AD who we call Ramos Allup in Venezuela, whereas the one we call Ramos is the one from Causa R. I think that at some point I even thought that he had been arrested and this morning, coffee having not made its full impact, Forero got me. However, the rest of my criticism is still valid for whoever wants to check.

As an amend I do have a link to the declarations of Henry Ramos Allup in El Universal today (Spanish, sorry). I do not know if those were the ones Forero referred to, but they could well be. Politicians tend to repeat themselves.

My apologies, but still Forero has more mistakes than I do :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments policy:

1) Comments are moderated after the sixth day of publication. It may take up to a day or two for your note to appear then.

2) Your post will appear if you follow the basic polite rules of discourse. I will be ruthless in erasing, as well as those who replied to any off rule comment.


Followers